The Wolkoff house museum
The merchant’s house – known since 1872 as The Wolkoff House – was built in 1826 by the businessman J. Claudelin
on Kauppakatu Street, where Lappeenranta market square and town hall also relocated to from the Fortress.
The Wolkoff House was home to four generations of Wolkoffs until the heirs of Johannes Wolkoff decided to turn it
into a museum in 1986. In addition to the shop, there are altogether seven rooms and a kitchen in the house.
The museum was inaugurated in the summer 1993. The former shop is now a museum shop, where the
guided tours of the Wolkoff home start from.
The event has ended.
- Organisation: Lappeenrannan museot
- Phone: 05 616 2261
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org